I begin school again in a week, so I decided to make a list of all the things I need to get before going back to school. I thought since I’m not the only one going back to college, I’d share my list of what I think is essential to have during class. Since I live at home instead of a dorm, I don’t need to shop for room essentials.
So here is what I have so far:
- Flashdrive (USB)– Probably the most important of all class supplies since it is where you will save all your essays and portfolios!
- Notebooks– I’m a big fan of Binders over notebooks but I don’t like how I have to take out the paper whenever I don’t want the binder taking over all of my desk. So this year I’m getting the Five Star Flex NoteBinders. (Best thing ever!)
- Pens– Make sure to always have more than one with you at all times in case you ever run low on ink (which will happen more than you think).
- Highligters– Personally, I only really care for the yellow and green highlighters. Again, have spares at home or in your dorm.
- Colored Pens– If you aren’t the Highlighter type of person, go for this.
- Red Pens– Sometime’s you’ll be told to read through a classmates work and write some constructive criticism.
- Notecards– It’ll help with studying. Keep a pack in your backpack and one in your room.
- Backpack– I cannot stress this enough: Dress for comfort, not for style. Chances are, you are going to be carrying around a lot more in your backpack than you did in high school. Get one that not only has enough room for a couple books, notebooks, and laptop if you have one, but also one that has comfortable straps. An aching back is not something you want. (Same goes with shoes.)
- Mini Stapler- You’d be surprised how many times you need to staple things before turning them in.
- Agenda– If your school doesn’t hand some out for free, I suggest investing in one. If you have small handwriting, go for the the small/medium ones. But if your handwriting is a bit bigger, for the notebook ones.
- #2 Pencils– For tests.
- Whiteout–– The neater the notes, the more legible it’ll be when studying for a test.
- Calculator- I no longer have to take math classes with my major. But for all of those still taking math classes, always have a calculator handy.
- Reusable Water bottle– Stay hydrated at all times!
- Lanyard– This is not an essential, but I’ve found it helpful for keeping track of where I put my keys in my backpack and for easier access to them when hanging around my neck.
- And last but certainly not least, Sunglasses to keep the sun out of your eyes when walking to your next class.
Hopefully this helps many of the new incoming college freshman get the basics to start off the year. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to Target to get just about everything on this list since it was too packed when I took my little sister school shopping this past weekend (: